Monday, December 06, 2004

Andra

i recently wrote a paper in my english class about my definition of family...this is the part about my younger sister, andra

Andra had the privilege of destroying my only child status. Though I was quite bitter about this for years, the four year age gap between us seems to get smaller and smaller as we get older. As I entered my freshman year in high school, my mom got a new job and my family relocated. My family, sans our father that is. He was unable to get a job in the same town and was forced to live nearly two hours away.
That year was unimaginably hard for me, for all of us. Andra and I fought constantly. I think we took out the pain of missing our dad on each other. I remember one night we were arguing and I don’t know exactly what she said, but it must have hit a nerve and I spent the rest of the night soaking my pillow in tears. I remember Andra timidly opening my door and just standing there, watching, listening to me cry. She climbed into bed with me and in this small, scared little voice she managed “I’m sorry, Jamie”, before she too started to cry. We just laid there in the dark and cried together. And for the first time I think we both understood the bond that is sisterhood. She’s my best friend; and that really doesn’t even do our relationship justice. I would do anything for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home