Monday, December 06, 2004

fate

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands
this is almost depressing...but somehow uplifting. to me anyway... fate is something really conflicting to me. its romantic to think that life is a laid out set of occurances that beautifuly weave together to form some intricate lace....but maybe its more realistic to think that we hold our destiny in our own hands, that life is what we make it; taking things that happen to and around us for what they are. its easy to say 'well if its ment to be it will be' or 'things will work themselves out', but what if thats not true. what if we have to MAKE things work out.
i believe in a mix of these...i do believe in fate, but i also think that we have to work with fate; fight for what we want, what we love.
fate only gives us so many chances.

2 Comments:

Blogger FBombAndy said...

I like the quote. ;)

And I understand what you're saying. I think that people who believe in fate alone are shrugging off the consequences of their actions. But there is something to be said about being in the right place at the right time. I like the idea that I have control, no matter how little, of what I become.

In a few days, I'm going to take a chance. I won't let fate take the credit if I succeed.

9:43 PM  
Blogger jamie said...

you'll have to let me know how that works out...hopefully you and fate are on the same page :)

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home